|SEAFOOD IS A GREAT CHOICE FOR YOUR HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.|
1. Fish is your heart's best friend. The fats contained in fish and fish oils are high in Omega-3 fatty acids. These are polyunsaturated fatty acids known to protect the body against heart disease. These "good fats" also aid in lowering cholesterol, decreasing blood clotting factors, increasing beneficial relaxation in larger arteries and blood vessels, and decreasing inflammatory process in blood vessels.
2. One serving of fish 2 to 3 times per week keeps arthritis away. There have been clinical trials that have shown that one serving of fish two to three times a week can actually lessen arthritis symptoms by fighting inflammation, decreasing fatigue and reducing morning stiffness.
3. Some varieties of seafood were proven to strengthen the immune system. Studies showed that certain varieties of fish and shellfish have very high antioxidant vitamins E, C, D, and A. These antioxidants boost the immune system and also lower the risk of heart disease by reducing buildup of plaque in coronary arteries.
4. Seafood during pregnancy helps build healthy children. According to several research studies, the Omega-3 fatty acids found in different types of fish and shellfish can be very vital during an unborn child's development in the womb. It greatly assists in neural development as well as eye development.
5. The fatty acids in fish can alleviate the symptoms of depression. Omega-3 fatty acids can also ease the signs of depressions in patients who do not respond to typical anti-depressant medications.
6. Shellfish helps promote healthy skin and eyes. Different varieties of shellfish are rich in vitamins and mineral. Hence, these promote good eyesight and healthy skin because vitamins contained in shellfish aid in formation and use of red blood cells and muscles.
7. Children who eat oily fish may have lower risk of getting asthma. Studies have shown that children who ingested at least 300mg of fish oil a day had undergone noteworthy improvement of asthma symptoms. This is because fish oils aid in controlling food allergens and environmental allergens in the body.
8. Eating fish lower risks of getting cancer. The Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish are the essential components responsible for protection against cancer. In fact, there had been reports that people who eat fish regularly have lower risks of cancers of the mouth, throat, stomach, colon, rectum, pancreas, lung, breast, and prostate.
9. Fatty fish are one of the best natural source of Vitamin D. In areas like the North America were people do not get enough Vitamin D, a nutrient important for stronger bones, substituting foods can be difficult because of a lack of vitamin D rich options. However, after some careful studies, most nutritionist found out that fatty fish are excellent sources of vitamin D. They said that a serving of fatty fish a day can provide 90% of today's recommended dietary requirement for vitamin D.
10. Essential fatty acids found in most seafood variety may reduce the development of Alzheimer's disease. Various reports have recommended that long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids, particularly those of the omega-3 family, can actually slow mental decline and even reduce the development of Alzheimer's disease in older people. These kinds of polyunsaturated fatty acids are structural components of neural membranes and are linked to some aspects of nervous tissue functions. With these kinds of fatty acids in the body, inflammation and pro-inflammatory substances in the brain are reduced from which Alzheimer's disease, a type of dementia, is linked.